[geeks] STARBUCKS SHIT

dave at cca.org dave at cca.org
Thu Apr 11 16:43:17 CDT 2002

mjbraun at enteract.com writes:

>While I am far from a Coffee Pedant, I have been lusting over the
>Illycafe
>(http://www.illyusa.com/AB1666000/showprod.cfm?&DID=7&CATID=7&ObjectGrou
>p_ID=11) line of espresso machines (not *expresso*, dammit). They use
>espresso 'pods' which are prepared packets of perfectly ground and
>measured coffee.

>I'm sure that a professional barista with a pump driven (rather than
>steam driven which I believe these are) setup could make a better cup,
>but from what I understand, these machines come real close and will beat
>out anything you can get at $tarbucks or make at home otherwise.

A friend of mine has an $8,000 espresso maker. He bought it when he
was thinking of opening up a cafe, but that never happened. He usually
leaves it at a friend's restaurant, and operates it there, but occasionally
takes it to other local events and sets up in a corner...

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org ------
-------- "I prefer the ridiculous to the sublime." - James Chance ---------