[geeks] STARBUCKS SHIT

Matthew Braun mjbraun at enteract.com
Thu Apr 11 10:35:25 CDT 2002

While I am far from a Coffee Pedant, I have been lusting over the
Illycafe
(http://www.illyusa.com/AB1666000/showprod.cfm?&DID=7&CATID=7&ObjectGrou
p_ID=11) line of espresso machines (not *expresso*, dammit). They use
espresso 'pods' which are prepared packets of perfectly ground and
measured coffee.

I'm sure that a professional barista with a pump driven (rather than
steam driven which I believe these are) setup could make a better cup,
but from what I understand, these machines come real close and will beat
out anything you can get at $tarbucks or make at home otherwise.

Of course, YMMV...

"Rub the bee. Rub the bee.
Keep rubbing the bee or damn
  your eyes, your life is ashes.