[geeks] Yuppie Hell

s at avoidant.org s at avoidant.org
Thu Apr 11 09:27:52 CDT 2002

Kris Kirby wrote:

> I don't recall laughing at inanimate objects before, but my drug of choice
> tends to affect the memory.

Nope. Recent studies show NO significant decrease in IQ for chronic
users.

I firmly believe in "state-sensitive memory". Something you learn when
under the influence will be more easily recallable under the same
influence. That means the easiest fix for the memory issues is to stay
under the influence, no?

I also believe the relative inteligence of the user in question to be a
factor. If it DOES affect processing capability, a drop from 148 to 137
will be far less noticeable than a similar drop from 108 to 97, or more
dramatically, from 98 to 87.

Or something. I'd better go do some more research...

---sambo