[geeks] Its not all bad.

alex j avriette avriettea at speakeasy.net
Thu Apr 11 06:37:58 CDT 2002

> Even better news: I got a bonus (petty) and a raise (WHOPPING 2.5%!).

<pause while alex does division on his fingers and toes>

ah, that worked out even nicer than i expected. as it turns out, i just
got a new workstation at work that doubles as a database server (by
nature of my being a database geek) some of the time. as it turns out,
it was almost exactly 2.5% of my annual salary. to me, 2.5% wouldnt mean
that much to me on a paycheck-to-paycheck basis, but if i could convince
$boss that it would be better to just buy me another $veryfastcomputer
every "annual review," i'd be a happy camper.

alex