[geeks] OT Q: Multiple paths to storage in Linux

Bjorn Ramqvist brt at g.haggve.se
Thu Apr 11 02:39:08 CDT 2002

Hi,

I know there are many gurus in here so I figured the best shot would be
to place the question here. :-)

>From what I can see, Linux doesn't support multiple paths to Storage?
Right now I'm in the middle of investigating a SMB-fileserver and I want
to avoid Windoze as much as possible, thinking Samba.
The problem is, that our storage arrays (Compaq MA8000) runs with
multibus failover. That is, four active paths to the same storageset on
the controller. Now, this is perfectly working from inside Tru64 5.x and
OpenVMS, and Windoze NT/2k with "Secure Path" software for a massive
amount of $$$.

Right now I want to keep the budget tight and investigate the
alternative -> Linux w/ Samba & FC-RAID, redundant.
So far, no good. Anyone else has a clue?

--
Vdnliga hdlsningar/Best Regards
Bjvrn Ramqvist, Hdgglunds Vehicle AB