[geeks] Journaled Filesystems (thanks to sunhelp.org)

Peter L. Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Thu Apr 11 01:24:39 CDT 2002

On Wednesday, April 10, 2002, at 11:18 PM, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

>>   I'm curious to learn more about this myself.  Anybody have any
>> advice here?  Bill, Pete?
>
> Doesn't it make for slower writes?

To be honest, I'm not sure... <musing> I guess it would, though I don't
see it on the heavily-cached arrays... I could do some tests with
artifical apps.

You can loose up to 64M of filesystem (depending on the size).

I bow to anyone with more experience - I used it a lot on vxfs, but that
was with dedicated log spaces.  The stuff in Sol 8 seems good, and it's
nice not to have to fsck a 500G FS...

-Pete