[geeks] Yuppie Hell

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Apr 11 00:37:49 CDT 2002

On April 11, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> > > As of Monday, I have officially signed up to graduate somewhere in the
> > > vicinity of the 20th of December (either the 15th or the 22nd I believe).
> > > And, to top it off, I managed to rig it so that next fall, I'm only going to
> > > be part time.  *woot*
> >
> >   So you'll officially join us in the Real World(tm) around xmas of
> > this year?  For good?  For real?
>
> For awhile at least.  Depending on how things go, grad. school is a strong
> possibility.  I'd rather take several years off, then work on grad school,
> but if I can't find a tolerable job, I'll probably go sooner.

  Grad school...WHY?  School is supposed to *prepare* you for life.  Not
substitute for it.

  Of course, what you do with your life is none of my business, and I'm
clearly out of place by even mentioning it...but the idea of you going
to grad school sounds to me like an unthinkable waste of material.

      -Dave

--
Dave McGuire              "Hush and eat your vegetables, young lady!"
St. Petersburg, FL                          - Mr. Bill