[geeks] Eeeek

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Apr 10 11:25:41 CDT 2002

~ -----Original Message-----
~ From: Kurt Huhn [mailto:kurt at k-huhn.com]
~ Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2002 11:45 AM
~ To: geeks at sunhelp.org
~ Subject: Re: [geeks] Eeeek
~
~ > Overheard in a MS strategy session:
~ > "We must get users past their misunderstandings of uptime.
~ A reboot doesn't
~ > mean that anything broke, there is no hardware or software
~ corrective action
~ > taken, so there wasn't any real downtime."
~ >
~
~ OMG!!!  Seriously?
~
~ The software and services are *UNAVAILABLE* - therefore you have
~ *DOWNTIME*.  WTF is so difficult to understand about that?
~
~ $clueless_moreon: "Yeah, I rebooted the server, but it just because I
~ wanted too, not because anything was broken.  Therefore we didn't
~ actually have downtime, so our uptime wasn't affected."
~ Kurt: "You are sooooo fired."
~ --
~ Kurt
~ kurt at k-huhn.com

AhYaah. Seriously. I wish I had a full transcript of the meeting.