[geeks] Eeeek

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Wed Apr 10 10:44:54 CDT 2002

> Overheard in a MS strategy session:
> "We must get users past their misunderstandings of uptime. A reboot doesn't
> mean that anything broke, there is no hardware or software corrective action
> taken, so there wasn't any real downtime."

OMG!!!  Seriously?

The software and services are *UNAVAILABLE* - therefore you have
*DOWNTIME*.  WTF is so difficult to understand about that?

$clueless_moreon: "Yeah, I rebooted the server, but it just because I
wanted too, not because anything was broken.  Therefore we didn't
actually have downtime, so our uptime wasn't affected."
Kurt: "You are sooooo fired."
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com