[geeks] what is the world coming to...

Tom Borton tborton at usa.net
Wed Apr 10 10:32:58 CDT 2002

> I always get pissed at bicycle riders who insist on using the street
> like a motor-vehicle but then decide they will use pedestrian traffic
> laws since it allows them to do whatever they want.

Umm, I don't know about other areas, but DC has this assinine law (I've
been ticketed under it) that bicyclists *must* use the streets.  I'd
rather peg person + bike + 15 MPH against a pedestrian than car + 40 MPH
against said bike.

And road rage gets really ridiculous at times - I've had people open
their doors to block me when riding because they don't like the fact
that I can pass them in traffic - and I'm on the curb.  Fscking
ridiculous.

Tom