[geeks] what is the world coming to...

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Wed Apr 10 08:22:40 CDT 2002

>   A-HA!!  *NOW* we get to the heart of the matter.  The three
> lane-splitters that I'm talking about went through stopped traffic at
> a solid 40MPH.  THAT is what's stupid.  If you really do split lanes
> at a walking pace, then I have no problem with your lane-splitting.

5MPH - anything more *is* dangerous and stupid as (on the average) it
doesn't give the rider sufficient distance to judge the actions and
activities of drivers.  I've only ever split lanes in first gear - and
lugging the engine at that, feathering the clutch to keep it from
stalling and with two fingers on the front brake keeping speed down if
I'm going down a hill.

Blasting through a traffic jam at 30MPH between lanes is frelling
stupid.  Yes.  No doubt about it.

>   I feel better now.  I had a very hard time thinking of one of the
> smarter people I've exchanged email with doing something that stupid.
> I guess I just assumed you were talking about doing it at high speeds,
> which is the only way I've seen it done.  I apologize for my erroneous
> assumption, the attitude that resulted from it, and any stomach acid
> it may have caused.

What?  You mean the argument's over?  Crap.  Well, you're no Greg Woods,
Dave...
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com