[geeks] what is the world coming to...

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Wed Apr 10 06:42:54 CDT 2002

On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 07:02:05AM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On April 10, David Cantrell wrote:
> > It always amazes me how stupid and arrogant otherwise decent people get
> > when inside said lumps of metal.
>  It's not an arrogance thing, it's a physics thing.

It's both.

>                                                      You are a few
> hundred pounds of fragile, squishy stuff.  A car is a few THOUSAND
> pounds of hard sharp stuff that's moving.  You do the math.

It depends on the speed.  If you're going at 20, sure, I'll jump out of the
way.  If you're goin at 5, then I'll say "thankyou very much for the money,
oh and isn't it fun losing your no-claims bonus and getting a criminal
record for driving like a twat".

--
David Cantrell | Member of the Brute Squad | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

  When a woman has a man on a string, controlling his every thought
  and motion, backbone in said man is not a requirement.
      -- Ken, in alt.2eggs.sausage.beans.tomatoes.2toast.largetea.cheerslove