[geeks] I'm part of the Mac Club now!

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Wed Apr 10 05:47:16 CDT 2002

On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 03:33:16PM -0700, Peter L. Wargo wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Apr 2002, Martijn Pronk wrote:
> > And i must say, it is a very nice machine... Needs a bit more memory,
> > but that will be taken care of.  MacOS X is absolutely beatifull, stable
> > and not too slow (Have a 600 MHz G3).
> 512M is the sweet spot, from what I hear.

As it only has one available slot, and comes with 128Mb as standard, you
can't get 512Mb.  But you can get 640 by adding a 512Mb DIMM, which is
very shiny indeed.

> MS's Mac team is cool.  They realize that, since PDF is the 2D display
> model, it's a good idea to put release notes and such in *that* format.

Yes, they're not really MS people at all are they.

--
David Cantrell    |    Reprobate    |    http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

  This is nice.  Any idea what body-part it is?