[geeks] Re: RE: OS-9 help request.... (Fogg, James)

roosmcd at dds.nl roosmcd at dds.nl
Wed Apr 10 04:40:22 CDT 2002

> Oh boy, its been 10 years.
>
> Wasn't there a separate format for fixed disks? Like hdformat or something?

 No, I've only got "format" in the CMDS directory. And the startup script of
the software installation I have, uses "format" to format the drive. The little
documentation I've seen also talks exclusively about format.

> You also have to initialize a fixed disk, I seem to recall that OS9 has
> fdisk.

 there's no fdisk on my cd or in the ROM. I saw another script that first
did "iniz /h0". Iniz doesn't return an error, but after that format still
doesn't work...

> What, may I ask, is this running on? I usually saw it on Motorola based VME
> stuff.

 68070 at 15MHz with 5Mb ram. It's a CDI605T, a Philips CD-i authoring player.
In addition to a normal CD-i player, this has scsi, floppy, more memory,
parallel, ethernet, extra serial ports and an accesible command shell. I also
have the DV-board so I can run all the games available for CD-i.

  Michiel