[geeks] I'm part of the Mac Club now!

Bryan Fullerton bjf at samurai.com
Tue Apr 9 21:22:28 CDT 2002

On Tuesday, April 9, 2002, at 10:04 PM, alex j avriette wrote:

> that having been said, in comparison to my vaio (p2/366) and my
> thinkpad (p2/300), it blows them both away and i happily caress and
> smooch my little powerbook all day long.

Yup, I have no complaints about using it as a mobile machine. :)

> bleh, yeah, i cant get divx to work either... and ive got all these
> damn invader zim episodes i want to watch too! :( (i can play divx
> fine, but there's no audio!)

This is good stuff:

http://mpeg4.jamby.net/

Haven't had a lot of luck with their codec (YMMV), but the Avi2Mov app
is great - and fast, at least compared fo ffmpeg. Still a bunch of stuff
out there I can't play though (DivX5, and some other weirdo old ones).

Bryan