[geeks] opinions on netras vs ultras?

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Tue Apr 9 20:33:38 CDT 2002

> the other machines ive been looking at are the ultra 2/3/5/10/30 ilk,
> and i just cant seem to justify the $400 for an ultra10/360 (or $900 for
> an ultra10/440!). the netra takes up a lot less space, is cheaper,
> easier to move around, comes with two nic's, and so on. whats your take
> on this, geeks?

I've got an Ultra 1 and Ultra 2, but when I look at what I
need, a Netra is more appropriate.  I'm using both the U1
and U2 headless, so there's no video card in either of
them.  Also the Netras I've seen are all rack-mountable,
so that's a plus.

If I had to pick between a U10 or a Netra, I'd
definitely go with the Netra (esp. with the recent
negative comments about the U10 case and IDE).
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net