[geeks] what is the world coming to...

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Tue Apr 9 18:22:49 CDT 2002

> > > i would, quite literally, stop the car and beat your ass for that. for
> > > that matter, anyone. my being a jerk or "almost"
> > > (injuring/killing/whatevering) you is not a valid excuse to damage my
> > > car. sheesh.
> >
> > No, you would have got your ass beat for trying to run the
> > four of us down.  We had the right of way, we were already
> > in the middle of the crossing, the guy didn't like that he
> > had to stop, so he didn't.  We had to jump out of the way.
>
>   I always find it amusing when people think they have some sort of
> "right-of-way" when put up against two tons of moving metal.  Even the
> laws of the land must give way to physics. ;)

When the guy driving can stop, but won't he's at fault.  If
we'd jumped out in front of him, that would be a different
story.  This was on an access road on a campus that was not
only mostly pedestrian traffic, but had a 20 MPH speed limit.

The guy just simply didn't want to yield, so he didn't and
got a reminder that just because you can do something doesn't
mean it is a good idea.

I've done the slap thing in front of a cop before (Love Field
terminal) and he said, "Nice one!"  He then radioed ahead to
a cruiser that pulled the guy over and gave him a ticket.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net