[geeks] Let's not get the age thing going again (was:Re[2]: [ geeks] Found: Ti99/4a!)

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Apr 9 10:53:46 CDT 2002

~ -----Original Message-----
~ I don't want to hear it - I'm still vying for being one of
~ the older members
~ on the list.  Born in '69, had one of these:
~ http://www.obsoletecomputermuseum.org/ibm5100.html
~ in front of me by the time I was four.  (My father's from work.)
~ I was the only kid I knew who came back from a day of work with his
~ father holding a stack of the small (half sized) punchcards.
~ Of course we moved to the suburbs in the middle of my third grade and
~ I promptly forgot most of everything I learned.

I don't think I'm the greybeard here, but I was born in '62. My first
computer access was with a TI acoustically coupled printing terminal calling
a DG Nova. I think I was 10.