[geeks] Found: Ti99/4a!

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Apr 9 01:52:06 CDT 2002

On April 8, Peter L. Wargo wrote:
> >   There was nothing "crazy" about it.  When all the other guys in my
> > school were breaking into cars and working at Burger King, I was
> > learning Pascal on a minicomputer, and my mother & grandmother were
> > very proud of me.  I lived in a small apartment with my grandmother;
> > she didn't much care for the noise (my system disk was an RK07...it
> > sounded like a jet plane) but other than that she had no complaints.
>
> Dave, you are officially now My Hero(tm).

  Aww, shucks, Pete. *blush*

  I forgot to mention that, while I was learning Pascal on that
minicomputer at night, my time after school was spent working at
Princeton University on the Navier-Stokes Supercomputer Project.  The
pay was decent but the experience was priceless.

  Now *that* was a blatant, shameless brag..but hey, I worked very hard,
and I'm proud of it!

    -Dave

--
Dave McGuire              "Anybody who is willing to EAT YOU probably isn't
St. Petersburg, FL         such a good person to be hanging out with." -Sridhar