[geeks] Let's not get the age thing going again (was:Re[2]: [geeks] Found: Ti99/4a!)

Mike Hebel nimitz at owc.net
Tue Apr 9 00:40:17 CDT 2002

BB> On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 01:30:44AM -0400, Sridhar the POWERful wrote:
>> I was born in '77 and I had a DEC PDP-11/70 in front of me when I was
>> brought home from the hospital.

BB> Damn, you started early. 8-)

I don't want to hear it - I'm still vying for being one of the older members
on the list.  Born in '69, had one of these:
http://www.obsoletecomputermuseum.org/ibm5100.html
in front of me by the time I was four.  (My father's from work.)
I was the only kid I knew who came back from a day of work with his
father holding a stack of the small (half sized) punchcards.
Of course we moved to the suburbs in the middle of my third grade and
I promptly forgot most of everything I learned.

BB> I still want a "proper" blinkenlights-and-toggles PDP of some sort.

I want a job so I can have the money/space to install my MicroVax II.
Although a PDP system would be nice too...

BTW - I still have an Atari 800xl somewhere in the attic - complete
with cassette drive.

Mike Hebel                        mailto:nimitz at owc.net