[geeks] Found: Ti99/4a!

Peter L. Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Tue Apr 9 00:42:43 CDT 2002

On Monday, April 8, 2002, at 10:30 PM, Sridhar the POWERful wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Apr 2002, Kris Kirby wrote:
>> Born in '79. Had one in front of me at age four. Need I say more?
>
> I was born in '77 and I had a DEC PDP-11/70 in front of me when I was
> brought home from the hospital.

Born in '68, used my first computer in 1980 at Suny Albany.  Punch
cards, ya know, and line-printing terminals.

First desktop was a Bell and Howell "Black Apple" in (I think) 1981 or
1982, not sure.

First owned computer was a TS/1000.

First REAL owned computer was a Mac 512Ke in 1986. ($2500 or so with
Imagewriter // printer and extra floppy drive.)

Largest single computer purchase: $3.8M for work.

Favorite computer ever owned: Gee, that's a tough one, but I'll have to
stick with the 512Ke.  Dual floppies, no HD, but I did a *lot* with that
booger.  Runner up would be (collective gasp from the fellow mac-haters)
my Zenith Z-248 issued to me at Clarkson.  I actually used that quite a
bit for programming, etc.  In its last config, it ran Windows 3.0 with
3M of XMS and dual 660M FH ESDI hard drives.

-Pete