[geeks] Now what am I supposed to do with this?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Apr 8 19:13:03 CDT 2002

On April 8, Scott Newell wrote:
> >  Huh?  I don't think I've seen this...when you find one, send it to me,
> >and I'll see what I can find out.
>
> http://www.sics.se/~adam/lwip/doc/lwip.pdf
>
> On my machine, the title page and most of the larger text is very rough and
> aliased.  The smaller Roman and italic text appears fine.  (This is
> actually a pretty crummy example--it appears to be a set of slides, not
> something prepped with TeX.)
>
> I was almost certain that the other documents at this site were affected,
> but I they look fine to me now.  I'll have to check tomorrow and see what
> they look like on my work machine...

  Wow, that does look like crap.  I wonder what's going on there.

  FYI "preview" under MacOS X does antialiasing, and turning it on
made it look much, much better.  I would like to find a tool that
allows me to dissect a PDF file and look through its various
components.

    -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                    "I thought it would go quickly,
St. Petersburg, FL                 that rubberized bottom..." -Sridhar