[geeks] Now what am I supposed to do with this?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Apr 8 18:37:53 CDT 2002

On April 8, Big Endian wrote:
> How hard is doing word processing in LaTeX?  For those of us used to
> things like Claris/Appleworks?

  LaTeX isn't a word processor, it's a document formatting system.  It
will be a very VERY different experience, but it's well worth it.
With LaTeX, in just a few minutes, you can produce absolutely
beautiful published-book-quality documents...as a DVI file,
Postscript, PDF, anything you want.  It is well worth the learning
curve.

       -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                    "I thought it would go quickly,
St. Petersburg, FL                 that rubberized bottom..." -Sridhar