[geeks] Now what am I supposed to do with this?

R. Lonstein rlonstein at pobox.com
Mon Apr 8 15:53:50 CDT 2002

On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 02:42:27PM -0400, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
    [snip]
> For things that require carefull design, like resumes or
> newletters, I haven't tried Latex. I have one resume in
> Word, one in HTML, but I need to get a better one. I
> haven't decided whether to do it in Latex, Corel Draw,
    [snip]

I've tried it. It works, output is beautiful. The learning curve can be
a little steep but there is good documentation, the CTAN (Comprehensive
TeX archive network), newsgroup archives and many examples out there.

An easy way into it is LyX, which wraps a GUI around LaTeX. It renders
the document on-screen in a semi-wysiwym (what you see is what you mean)
format and you don't see most of the LaTeX tags. The keybindings are
sort of emacs-like.

- Ross