LaTeX (was: Re: [geeks] Now what am I supposed to do with this?)

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Mon Apr 8 13:54:51 CDT 2002

On 2002.04.08 20:22 Big Endian wrote:

> How hard is doing word processing in LaTeX?  For those of us used to
> things like Claris/Appleworks?
It is like Unix. It is a bit hard at the beginning, but once you got
used to it, you don't want to do it in any other way. I used
WordPerfect, AmiPro and StarWriter. Most time that WYSIWYG stuff did not
work well. (Not talking about anoying bugs...) Then I converted to
LaTeX. First on OS/2, then *BSD. It is simply a pleasure to simply print
a xxx pages thesis while fellow students struggle a week with M$ Word to
get somthing onto paper. Not to talk about the fact that you recognize a
LaTeX document by the look, because it simply Looks Good (C) (R) (TM).
--

tsch|_,
         Jochen