[geeks] Advantages of Compression Connectors?

Big Endian bigendian at mac.com
Mon Apr 8 10:25:48 CDT 2002

In trying to fix the CPU board to my C200 I took the heatsink/fan
assembly off and the CPU pulled up with the heatsink, it was
connected to the board with a compression connector.  I've also seen
these on XIO cards.  Is there an advantage to these things?  They
have drawbacks such as the ability to contaminate the connectors with
dust or particles.  I'm assuming some kind of electrical advantage.

daniel