[geeks] perlish disgruntlement, java considered, sun hardware sought

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Mon Apr 8 05:11:20 CDT 2002

On Sun, Apr 07, 2002 at 07:39:56PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:

> If you need a program, write one that works and does the job you need,
> who cares how many lines it is?

That argument is as true for perl as for ANY other language.

>                                  I can see this being a problem in a
> production environment where code might get passed from person to person,
> but Perl is okay for "quick and dirty" jobs.

But considering that it *is* possible to write good readable code in perl,
then perl is also okay for "real" programming too.  Most programmers,
however, in all languages, are not suitable for real programming.

--
David Cantrell | Benevolent Dictator | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

       The Americans will always do the right thing...
       after they've exhausted  all the alternatives.
                                  -- Winston Churchill