[geeks] Video card recommendations <cont.>

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Sun Apr 7 21:13:09 CDT 2002

I think it uses a lot of effects... there are certainly a ton of them in
the menu settings... (we're talking about Return to Castle
Wolfenstein... not the original btw).  The fog and lighting effects are
amazing on my brother's Athlon XP.  He just got a GeForce 4 128 MB
card.  He's one of those bleeding edge PC-gamers who doesn't know jack
about his machine once you stray from a fine line of system knowledge...
(he believes in all those bench-marking apps and tweaking apps
(monitoring temperature and everything)) I bust a gut laughing every
time he shows me something and his system goes down in flames....He's
the one who we toasted his last Athlon XP 1700 because the heat sink was
loose.

Andrew