just took The Plunge, was Re: [geeks] Recommendations?

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Sun Apr 7 21:03:33 CDT 2002

> > > Yeah, but it's Windows XP.
> >
> > True, but there are some of us that have been burned by
> > Apple in the past and are reluctant to try again (although
> > the G4 and OSX is tempting me).
>
>   ...yet most of the Windows world has been burned at least once by
> Microsoft, and they can't KEEP THEMSELVES from trying again.
>
>   Go figure.

While I don't like Windows, I do have to use it for some things.

If I didn't, I wouldn't (except for some games).

On my laptop I actually have three hard drives: a) primary
disk carrier with WinXP loaded; b) primary disk carrier with
Linux loaded; c) modular disk carrier with a data disk loaded.

I swap out the primary as needed, and leave the modular loaded
unless I need the CD burner, floppy, or second battery (the
DVD is in the fixed bay).
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net