just took The Plunge, was Re: [geeks] Recommendations?

Peter L. Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Sun Apr 7 18:57:58 CDT 2002

On Sunday, April 7, 2002, at 04:41 , Dave McGuire wrote:

>   So what's the best thing to do...I hate IDE...should I sell my SCSi
> burner and go with a Firewire CDR when I can afford it?

I stuck my SCSI 8x20 on a Sun and got a Yamaha Firewire setup from OWC.
16x10x40, and I love it.  If you burn lotsa CD's, it's nice.  Also,
firewire does have the advantage of being hot-pluggable, so I can move
it from my G4 to my wife's G3 laptop w/o any reboots, burn her a backup,
and stick it back onto my system.

It's also better for ripping - I get 6x using the internal DVD-RAM, I
get 8-9x using the external CD.

-P