just took The Plunge, was Re: [geeks] Recommendations?

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Sun Apr 7 18:45:27 CDT 2002

I just looked, and you might be ok as of now.  I know it really pissed
the heck out of me when I first heard about disk burning and then found
the native software wouldn't work with a SCSI burner.  Roxio seems to
work with some SCSI burners as of 5.1.3 or so.  Otherwise what I was
planning on doing was getting an external FW burner when I could afford
one and for the time being I reboot  to 9.2.2 for burning using Toast
4.0... it's as of a couple of days the last reason I have for using
Classic MacOS since Diablo II is now carbonized... though the net
performance on it sucks donkey nuts (it always unsyncs and you have to
run back to where you were standing in your party quite often to wait
for sync-up).

I have a Sony CDU926S 2x6 writer that is about 5 years old.  I bought it
for like $287 in 1997

Andrew