just took The Plunge, was Re: [geeks] Recommendations?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Apr 7 17:11:57 CDT 2002

On April 7, David Passmore wrote:
> >   I've had a "pure UNIX box" on my desk as my main machine for the past
> > thirteen years.  My desktop machines have been a VAXstation-I, a
> > VAXstation-II, a Sun-3/50, a Sun-4/110, a SPARCstation 1+, then an
> > IPX, then an SS20, followed finally by an SGI I^2 R10K/195 MaxImpact.
>
> I could swear it was a 4/600 at one point.

  Oh yes, that's right..(been awake a LONG time here)...I ran a 4/600MP
in a 4/110 chassis as my desktop for a few months (SPARC/Linux)...that
was between the IPX and the SS20.

  Duh. 8)

       -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                    "I thought it would go quickly,
St. Petersburg, FL                 that rubberized bottom..." -Sridhar