just took The Plunge, was Re: [geeks] Recommendations?

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Sun Apr 7 16:53:12 CDT 2002

On Sun, Apr 07, 2002 at 05:38:33PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On April 7, Bill Bradford wrote:
> > Dave McGuire wrote:
> > >   - no CD burner software
> > What do you mean, no cd burner software?  I burn CDs with OS X just fine
> > with nothing but the OS....
> Well I guess what I really meant was, about eight people have told
> me not to use the OS-supplied stuff, and I couldn't find it anyway. :)

It's built in to the Finder.  Put a blank disk in and you'll get asked what
format you would like to make it.  Then it'll appear on the desktop and you
can drag files to it (or, I think, copy them from the command line).  That's
really a disk image you're editing, it doesn't get burnt until you eject
the disk.  It Works For Me, although I'll agree it ain't as flexible as
something like Toast or cdrecord.

--
David Cantrell    |    Reprobate    |    http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

    Usenet is a co-operative venture, backed by nasty people.
    Follow the standards.
      -- Chris Rovers, in the Monastery