was: Re: [geeks] argh

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Apr 7 16:21:13 CDT 2002

On April 7, Jochen Kunz wrote:
> >   You could buy new PDP-8/e boards as recently as five years ago; I
> > think you know how old that machine is...and it was one product from
> > one company, not an IEEE standard.
> But you would never use a PDP8 for a new setup...

  True, but your issue was one of "getting the equipment".

> Ahh. OK. EOT. Before we start beating each other. ;-)

  Good idea. ;)

> > > OK. And now I have to get the Solaris drivers for my SBus FDDI card
> > > that arrived today. :-)
> >   Good luck achiving tasty Solaris FDDI goodness!
> Argl. See my posting on rescue... :-(

  Eeeew.  I checked through my stuff; I don't have those drivers.
Someone has to have them somewhere..

> At least I found drivers for the RasterFlexHR 24 bit framebuffer.

  Cool!

   -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                    "I thought it would go quickly,
St. Petersburg, FL                 that rubberized bottom..." -Sridhar