[geeks] Recommendations?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sun Apr 7 13:43:03 CDT 2002

On Sun, 7 Apr 2002, Kurt Huhn wrote:

> I've noticed exactly the same thing with Irix.  SSH into my web server
> or the Linux servers at work, and if hte terminal window isn't wide
> enough, word wrap effs things up pretty bad.  I just make sure the
> termianl window is wide enough to not wrap lines, but that's a bad
> workaround...

Try using rxvt.  It works beautifully under IRIX, whereas winterm blows
goats.  I've never understood why the default terminal under IRIX lacks
decent xterm emulation, and really only does well as a vt100.  However, if
you copy the terminfo/termcap entries for iris-*, it works pretty decent.

Failing that, there's always xterm. :)

--Jonathan