[geeks] Ah, the joy of Vietnamese food.

Amy scoobydoo at ohno.mrbill.net
Sun Apr 7 10:03:33 CDT 2002

On Sun, 7 Apr 2002, Peter L. Wargo wrote:

> Chan and I decided it would be nice to run down to my favorite
> Vietnamese place for dinner, as had a jones on for this noodle soup they
> make with shrimp, crab, rice noodles, egg noodles, and wontons.
> Mmmmm... Along with some Goi Cuon (Vietnamese fresh (not fried) spring
> rolls with shrimp and shredded pork), life is good.  Top it off with Rau
> Ma (pennywort juice) and buuurp! (So what if we had to go 20 some-odd
> miles...) (Around here, with the traffic, that's like 50 miles in New
> Mexico.)

that sounds excellent. latey i've been having odd cravings for wonton soup
minus the wontons and loaded with green onions and thin-sliced mushrooms
with a touch of soy sauce. they serve it at a local super-generic-asian
buffett here. i'm guessing its the salt. or maybe the resulting weird
psychological effects from the (technically) chicken soup.

usually if we go out we end up driving hell-and-gone for dinner. 15-20
miles to the other side of town :)

--a