[geeks] argh

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Apr 7 07:45:25 CDT 2002

On April 7, jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de wrote:
> > And of course, "gone" means "affordable to the hobbeyist".
> Ohhh, yes. That is the nice side of this. (epayed two managed Ethernet
> switches (Cabletron) with FDDI port for only 70,-EUR. SBus FDDI card is
> coming for 25,-EUR. Much cheaper than a 100MBit/s Ethernet card. Now I
> only need a DEFPA...)

  Yes, this is a little side bonus to the existence of morons who let
the market drive their purchases.  It leaves better hardware for the
rest of us. :)

  DEFPAs tend to show up in spurts on eBay...

     -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                    "I thought it would go quickly,
St. Petersburg, FL                 that rubberized bottom..." -Sridhar