[geeks] Spam Assasin

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sat Apr 6 20:35:03 CST 2002

> Anyone using this?
>
> http://spamassassin.taint.org/

I'm using it, and it works great.  I found the documentation for setting
it up system-wide to be a bit lacking, but, if you wrestle with it for a
little bit, it can be done.  It's much easier to set up on a per-user
basis via procmail.

Since I've been using it, it hasn't flagged a message incorrect either way
(spam as not-spam or not-spam as spam) once, so I plan on seeing if I can
put it further up the pipeline so that it can trash the message just after
it's queued, rather than just before it gets tossed in the spool.

This is, of course, possibly a bad idea on a production server, but since
only about 5 people get their mail on my server, and we're all vehemently
anti-spam and anti-crap-mail, we're a statistically invalid data point.

--Jonathan