[geeks] Latex to word

alex j avriette avriettea at speakeasy.net
Sat Apr 6 17:42:14 CST 2002

On Thursday, April 4, 2002, at 09:15 PM, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 04, 2002 at 08:44:40PM -0500, alex j avriette wrote:
>> i dont own a single copy of word. i do in fact have vi, and i can write
>> all kinds of formats, he is just requiring you use his editor. thats
>> ridiculous. a professor of a friend of mine actually required her
>> students write their programming projects in emacs. i called her on it
>> and told her it was fascist and that she should make no such
>> requirement.
>
> Actually, ever thought its good to not question those who make your
> grades? 8-)

no. theyre generally smart (and thus reasonable) people. i have never
lost this battle with a professor. all it took was the courage to say
"hey, that sucks. dont make me suck just because you do." the important
part is actually offering an alternative to their suckness that requires
very little work.

>> your professor can view html, text, rtf, and many other kinds of
>> documents. suggest to him that he instead bend a little.
>
> latex2html.  ps2pdf. etc.

indeed.

--
alex j avriette, perl hacker