[geeks] argh

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Apr 6 16:14:54 CST 2002

On April 6, jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de wrote:
> >>  Yuck.  Pc stuff sucks.
> >   So don't use it. ;)
> \begin{whine}
> Hahaha. :-(
> Unfortunately most newer "real" hardware is that PeeCeeish, I don't want
> to see it. (IDE and ATX PSUs in Suns, PeeCee video boards in Alphas,
> ....) The good old times of SBus, QBus, TurboChannel, GIO, FDDI, SCSI,
> DSSI, ... are gone and nerver will come back.
> \end{whine}

  *bzzzt*  McGuire's Big Red Button alert.

  FDDI and SCSI are "gone"?  Wow, I guess I'd better stop using them.
Though FDDI stuff isn't being produced in the same volume it was a
couple of years ago, SCSI certainly is.

      -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                    "I thought it would go quickly,
St. Petersburg, FL                 that rubberized bottom..." -Sridhar