[geeks] Anti-Spammer Tool

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Sat Apr 6 03:16:50 CST 2002

On Fri, Apr 05, 2002 at 07:05:04PM -0600, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> Hey, everyone,
>
>      I looked in my Apache logs this week and found out that lots of
> little bastards are trying to exploit (the non-existent) formmail CGI on
> my system...

If anyone is using formmail, they should switch to the drop-in replacement
at http://nms-cgi.sf.net.  You might like to link to that from your page
too.

--
David Cantrell    |    Reprobate    |    http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed
 (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless
 series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary"  -- H. L. Mencken