[geeks] Scsi connector

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Sat Apr 6 00:03:43 CST 2002

I have a scsi card that claims to be (based on linux boot logs) a Qlogic
ISP1020.  Actually, I have 2.  One of them takes a scsi2 narrow connector,
just like the ones on a Sun 411 case.

The other one, I just noticed today has a different connector.  It seems
to have the same number of pins, and be about the same size, but it wants
screws instead of clips, and I can't make the normal Sun411 style connector
fit onto it because of the screw recepticles.

Could this be a narrow differential connector?  The only reason I think of
that is because on qlogic's web site, one of the two cards listed for that
chip is the Fast!SCSI IQ PCI-D, and the comment says differential ultra.

Unfortunately, the machine it is in is deeply piled under a stack of other
boxes, and it will take me hours of downtime to physically inspect the card.

Yes, I know, time for better organization.

--
Joshua D. Boyd