[geeks] I love my wife.

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Fri Apr 5 11:53:14 CST 2002

On Fri, Apr 05, 2002 at 12:05:26AM -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 04, 2002 at 11:43:26PM -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:
> > 64meg RAM, 2gig disk, looks like a factory IRIX 6.3 install.  Pictures to
> > follow.
>
> http://www.mrbill.net/~mrbill/o2/
>
> I assume all O2s come with the A/V jacks on the side?  hinv says
> "Video: MVP Unit 0 v1.2", "AV1 card v1" and "Vice: DX"..

Originally all O2s came with the full AV jacks.  Then later they made it an
option.  Those machines will only have audio RCA jacks, no video rca jacks,
no moose cam port, no Y/C jacks, etc.

There is a third option for that bay where the audio or AV module goes.  The
3rd option is a SDI module that has the regular jacks, except moose cam (to my
recall), but adds a bunch of BNC connectors for SDI in and out, and adds an
octopus like cable or the cannon connectors for AES/EBU audio.  This option
seems to be pretty rare, but not too extravegently expensive, and it can be
combined with a bridge for firewire I/O that is fully integrated into the
image processing pathways on the machine (unlike the DVlink PCI option).

--
Joshua D. Boyd