[geeks] Life and hardware.

Chris Petersen havoc at apk.net
Fri Apr 5 07:32:26 CST 2002

On Fri, Apr 05, 2002 at 12:47:21AM -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:
> Anybody ever notice that when you have tons of money, you can never
> find the hardware that you're looking for, but when you're broke, you
> either see that system you ALWAYS WANTED for $just_more_than_you_have,
> or have free hardware start falling into your lap?
>
> Bill

Umm, I used to chalk this up to karmic balance...You know, too many good
deals, so it's gotta swing the other way occasionally :(  Of course, the
free hardware thing is always nice, except when you're in serious geek mode
and end up taking all comers just because you can't bear to see something
trashed.  The skelton of a VAXstation II/GPX I just finally trashed was a
good example of this...

Seriously, I'd be willing to bet *everybody* on this list knows this
feeling...Except maybe that guy that is getting a V2250 :)

Chris

Chris Petersen			  E-mail: havoc at apk.net
Systems Engineer, ExperTeam Services, EDS PLM Solutions