[geeks] Latex to word

alex j avriette avriettea at speakeasy.net
Thu Apr 4 19:44:40 CST 2002

On Thursday, April 4, 2002, at 03:52 PM, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> A professor is now requiring that we submit a paper to him in word
> format. A
> paper that I already wrote (including pictures, graphs, etc) in LaTeX.

that is draconian. fight the power.

i dont own a single copy of word. i do in fact have vi, and i can write
all kinds of formats, he is just requiring you use his editor. thats
ridiculous. a professor of a friend of mine actually required her
students write their programming projects in emacs. i called her on it
and told her it was fascist and that she should make no such requirement.

your professor can view html, text, rtf, and many other kinds of
documents. suggest to him that he instead bend a little.

alex

--
alex j avriette, perl hacker
avriettea at speakeasy.net