[geeks] Another $previousOrkPlace Story

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Thu Apr 4 12:13:21 CST 2002

On Thu, 4 Apr 2002, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> As much as I'm a rescue freak, I -really- don't want to have to deal with
> any of those asshole crooks for the remainder of my life.  That pretty-
> much limits my options to letting it rot there or pitching a brick through
> the front window and stealing it.

Personally, I'd be tempted to get the other one and send it sailing
through the front door/window/whatever. Since obviously he likes them *so*
much.

Or you could let the sale go through, bust the "customer" on receiving
stolen property *and* go after the PHB. Once the customer is burnt, they
will terminate thier relationship with the PHB. The beauty of this one is
that if he convinces them to buy the switch at $1300, he's set the price
on it and it now becomes much more valuable than scrap. He'd have an
interesting day in court over that one. But then again, he could cite that
the switch was abandoned.

But I suspect that you have better things to do with your time than go to
court.