[geeks] IRIX, Passwords over 8 char?

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Thu Apr 4 10:01:19 CST 2002

On Thu, Apr 04, 2002 at 10:38:01AM -0500, Ethan wrote:
> > > Took about thirty seconds, and I had a password that got me into the box.
> > >

> > Well, in Ethan's defense, you did have *physical* access to the box...
>
> I was going to say, sash! (why not just take out the password in the
> shadow file if your in SASH and single user?).

Errm, he did say he only had read access to the disk, not read/write.

--
Grand Inquisitor Reverend David Cantrell | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

    Considering the number of wheels Microsoft has found reason
    to invent, one never ceases to be baffled by the minuscule
    number whose shape even vaguely resembles a circle.
                                                      -- anon, on Usenet