Handguns Was: RE: [geeks] Was: [rescue] damn you bill, nowi'm a lowbrow

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Thu Apr 4 07:24:27 CST 2002

> In the end, a PPK or a Hipower are the two best made. Both have thier
> weaknesses, but I would argue that thier strengths outwiegh them.

Really?  A PPK?  How so?  (not a troll, I'm really interested...)

> (Oh, I learned shooting a handgun with the 1911 from the US Army. I
> still consider it over rated...  Take that Troll as you will... ;)

There's really no right or wrong answer.  I prefer the 1911 because of
it's simple form, heft, and because it just "feels" right.  Kinda like
Irix - it just "feels" right.  Hard to explain...

> Oh, a side thought, I have fairly small hands. I've yet to find a double
> collumn weapon that felt too wide. Obviously YMMV.

My hands aren't really small, but my fingers are short and fat and my
palm is thick and wide - like sausages on the end of hams.  I can wrap
my hand around a double column grip frame, but I don't feel as if I have
enough control to use the weapon effectively.  Single stack is much more
comfortable for me.

--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com