[geeks] DSL/PPPoE query - Am I insane?

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Wed Apr 3 14:57:51 CST 2002

[ On Wednesday, April 3, 2002 at 10:35:43 (-0800), Rick Hamell wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [geeks] DSL/PPPoE query - Am I insane?
>
> > Is PPPoE over DSL used at all?
>
> 	Depends on the company... it's not very common anymore thankfully.

except in Bell Canada land (i.e. most of Ontario and Quebec) where as I
understand the situation it is still the standard for all "low-speed"
home connections (eg. < 3.0mbit/s) for all Bell Nexxia resellers....

BTW, for a service reseller in a situation like that (eg. where they
does't own the DSLAMs) PPPoE really is one of the best solutions
possible and available, and thankfully for home users there are now tons
of relatively cheap "home/SoHo gateways" available that offload the
PPPoE processing from the user's workstation.....

--
								Greg A. Woods