[geeks] Comatose Alphaserver 1000

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Wed Apr 3 14:16:21 CST 2002

> Doh; I really should have relized that I needed to change the subject
> *before* I send the message, not 1 minute afterwards. Would this be
> better off on [Rescue] anyway?

This would actually be better off on rescue, but I'll try
to answer anyway with a quick suggestion:

The battery (not integrated like the NVRAM in the Suns) could
be bad.  Open up the system and look for the battery.  It should
be user-replaceable.  Go get a new battery, install it, and
remove the ISA card.  Try to turn on the system at that
point.

If that doesn't work, email again on rescue.